Krzysztof Wilmanski is since 2005 professor of thermodynamics at the Institute for Building Engineering of the University of Zielona Gora (Poland). Prof. Wilmanski earned his first degree at the Lodz Technological University (Poland) in 1962. After PhD in 1965 he started working in the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw (Poland). In 1969-1970 he was the postdoc fellow at the Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, USA). In 1979-1980 he was a fellow of the von Humboldt Foundation at the University of Paderborn and the Technical University of Berlin (Germany). In 1984-85 he was the fellow of the Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin, Institute for Advanced Studies. Since 1996 until 2005 he was the head of the Research Group Continuum Mechanics at the Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics in Berlin (Germany). He was teaching mechanics, thermodynamics, physics of structures at Universities of Lodz (Poland), Baghdad (Iraq), Paderborn, Hamburg-Harburg, Essen, TU Berlin (all in Germany), Technion (Israel), Turin, Rome (Italy), Innsbruck, Graz (Austria). He published some 150 scientific articles and 10 books on various subjects of continuum mechanics and thermodynamics, theories of mixtures, porous materials, propagation of mechanical waves. More information can be found here.
SOME RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- K. Wilmanski , A few remarks on Biot's model and linear acoustics of poroelastic saturated materials, Soil Dynamics & Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 6-7, 509-536.
- B. Albers, K. Wilmanski , Infuence of coupling through porosity changes on the propagation of acoustic waves in linear poroelastic materials, (with: B. Albers), Arch. Mech. Vol. 58, No. 4-5, 313-325.
- K. Wilmanski , Tortuosity and Objective Relative Accelerations in the Theory of Porous Materials, Proc. R. Soc. A, Vol. 461, 1533-1561.
- K. Wilmanski , Critical Time for Acoustic Waves in Weakly Nonlinear Poroelastic Materials, Cont. Mech. Thermodyn., Vol.17, No. 2, 171-181.
- B. Albers, K. Wilmanski , Monochromatic Surface Waves on Impermeable Boundaries in Two-Component Poroelastic Media, Cont. Mech. Thermodyn., Vol. 17, No. 3, 269-285.
- K. Wilmanski , On Microstructural Tests for Poroelastic Materials and Corresponding Gassmann-type Relations, Geotechnique, Vol. 54, No. 9, 593-603.
- K. Wilmanski , On Thermodynamics of Nonlinear Poroelastic Materials, Journal of Elasticity, Vol. 71, 247-261.