Gian Andrea Rassati is an Assistant Professor of Structural Engineering with the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of the University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Rassati's primary research interests are seismic resistant design, analytical and experimental analysis of steel, steel-concrete, and hybrid structures, with particular attention to beam-to-column connections, bolted connections, and coupling beams in coupled core wall systems. His teaching focus is on structural and dynamic analysis of structures, and on design and experimentation of steel, composite, and hybrid structures. He is a member of the ASCE Technical Committee on Composite Construction and of the ASCE Technical Committee on Structural Connections. He is also an active member of the American Institute of Steel Construction and of the Research Council on Structural Connections. He has published 45 papers in archival journals and conference proceedings. He is the co-chair for the 2008 Composite Construction Conference VI. Among various recognitions and awards, he is the recipient of the 2007 Neil Wandmacher Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- Fortney P.J., Shahrooz B.M., Rassati G.A. (2007), "Large-Scale Testing of a Replaceable Steel Coupling Beam", submitted to ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, in print.
- Fortney P.J., Shahrooz B.M., Rassati G.A. (2007) "Seismic Performance Evaluation of Coupled Core Walls with Concrete and Steel Coupling Beams", Steel and Composite Structures Journal. Vol. 7(4):279-301
- Fortney P.J., Rassati G.A., Shahrooz B.M. (2006). "The Next Generation of Composite Coupling Beams", Composite Construction in Steel and Concrete V, R.T. Leon and J. Lange eds., ASCE, Reston, VA pp. 619:630
- Clemente I., Noè S., Rassati G.A., Leon R.T (2006). "Interpretation of the Experimental Behavior of Two Semi-rigid Composite Frames by Means of a By-component Mechanical Model", Composite Construction in Steel and Concrete V, R.T. Leon and J. Lange eds., ASCE, Reston, VA pp. 674:685
- Harries K.A., Shahrooz B.M., Brienen P., Fortney P.J., Rassati G.A.. (2006). "A Performance-Based Design Methodology for Coupled Wall Systems", Composite Construction in Steel and Concrete V, R.T. Leon and J. Lange eds., ASCE, Reston, VA pp:686:697.