Date of Birth: 24/10/1952
- Full Professor - Department of Civil Engineering
- Middle East Technical University
- Ankara 06531, Turkey.
- Phone: +90 312 210 5480
- Fax: +90 312 210 7991
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD, Award year: 1982; Period of study: 1977-1982; Field: Engineering Science; University: METU
- M.Sc, Award year: 1976; Period of study: 1974-1976; Field: Structural Engineering; University: METU
- B.Sc, Award year: 1974; Period of study: 1970-1974; Field: Civil Engineering; University: METU
- Professor, 1994-Present, Department Civil Engineering, METU
- Assoc. Prof., 1988-1994, Department Civil Engineering, METU
- Assist. Prof., 1986-1988, Department Civil Engineering, METU
- Res. Assoc., 1983-1984, Department Eq. Eng. Res. Centre University of California, Berkeley
- Instructor, 1978-1983, Department Engineering Science, METU
HONORS/KEYNOTE AND GUEST LECTURES/STATE-OF-THE-ART PRESENTATIONS
- Guest Lecturer, Rose School, University of Pavia, 2008
- Distinguished Faculty Award, METU, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2007
- Keynote Speaker, Sixth Turkish Earthquake Engineering Conference, Istanbul, 2007
- Keynote Speaker, Fifth Turkish Earthquake Engineering Conference, Istanbul, 2003
- Keynote Speaker, Twelfth European Earthquake Engineering Conference, London, 2002.
- Parlar Foundation 1995 and 2008 Thesis Awards (Supervisor)
- International Publications in Refereed Journals: 41
- International Conference Proceedings, Special Publications and Science Series: 55 h-factor=5 (ISI Web of Knowledge)
Selected Recent Publications
- Sucuoğlu, H., Anderson, J.G. and Zeng, Y., "Predicting Intensity and Damage Distribution During the 1995 Dinar Earthquake with Generated Strong Motion Accelerograms", Bull. Seismological Society of America, Vol. 93. No. 3, 1267-1279, 2003.
- Sucuoğlu, H., Gur, T. and Gunay, M.S., "Performance-Based Seismic Rehabilitation of Damaged RC Buildings", Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol.130, 1475-1486, 2004.
- Sucuoğlu, H. and Erberik, A., "Energy-Based Hysteresis and Damage Models for Deteriorating Systems", Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 33, 69-88, 2004.
- Akkar, S.D., Sucuoğlu, H. and Yakut, A., "Displacement-Based Fragility Functions for Low and Mid-Rise Ordinary Concrete Buildings" Earthquake Spectra, Vol. 21, No. 4, 901-928, 2005.
- Sucuoğlu, H., Yazgan, U. and Yakut, A., "A Screening Procedure for Seismic Risk Assessment in Urban Building Stocks” Earthquake Spectra, Vol. 23, No. 2, 441-458, 2007.
OTHER RELEVANT ACTIVITIES IN LAST FEW YEARS
- Coordinator, Turkish Earthquake Code Committee
- Director, Structural and Earthquake Engineering Laboratory, Dept. of Civil Engineering, METU
- Principal Investigator, CYBER (Capacity Building in Earthquake Research), FP6-017067
- Chief Academic Advisor, Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality, Seismic Risk Assessment in Istanbul