Amr Elnashai is Professor of Structural Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, UK. He is also Associate Director of the NSF-funded Mid-America Earthquake (MAE) Center, with a primary responsibility for the MAE Center Core Research Thrust Areas, and Director of the Newmark Structural Engineering Laboratory at the same Department. Before joining the University of Illinois, Amr was Professor of Earthquake Engineering and Head of the Engineering Seismology and Earthquake Engineering Section at Imperial College. He is founder and co-editor of the Journal of Earthquake Engineering, a member of the drafting panel of the European seismic design code and founder of the Japan-UK Seismic Risk Forum. He has over 170 publications on earthquake engineering and has supervised 17 PhD and over 100 MSc theses in the same subject. Further information can be found here.
- Lee, D-H and Elnashai, A.S.  "Inelastic seismic analysis of RC bridges including flexure-shear-axial interaction", Journal of Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 241-260.
- Mwafy, M.W. and Elnashai, A.S.  "Static push-over versus dynamic collapse analysis of RC buildings", Journal of Engineering Structures, Vol. 23, pp. 407-424.
- Elnashai, A.S.  "Advanced inelastic static (pushover) analysis for earthquake applications", Journal of Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 51-69.
- Collier, C.J. and Elnashai, A.S.  "A procedure for combining vertical and horizontal seismic action effects", Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 521-539.
- Pinho, R. and Elnashai, A.S.  "Dynamic collapse testing of a full-scale four story RC frame", ISET Journal of Earthquake Technology, Vol. 37, No. 4, Special Issue, pp. 143-164.