MAIN RESEARCH TOPICS
- Development and analysis of “isogeometric methods”, i.e., isoparametric, exact geometry, Galerkin approaches based on typical CAD functions, such as Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines – NURBS.
- Development and analysis of constitutive models for advanced materials (e.g., shape memory alloys and ferromagnetic shape memory alloys), both in the small and in the large strain regime.
- Development and analysis of mixed and mixed-enhanced finite elements for compressible, nearly incompressible and incompressible materials, both in the small and in the large strain regime.
- Development and analysis of beam finite elements, both in the small and in the large strain regime.
- Development and analysis of meshless methods based on collocation techniques,taking their basis from classical Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH) or from isogeometric approaches.
- December 2008 - current position: Assistant Professor of Mechanics of Solids at the Dipartimento di Meccanica Strutturale (DMS) of the Università degli Studi di Pavia.
- July 2006 - December 2008: Postdoctoral fellow at the DMS of the Universit`a degli Studi di Pavia.
- September 2005 - June 2006: Postdoctoral research assistant at the DMS of the Università degli Studi di Pavia.
- May 2010: Recipient of the “Ideas” ERC Starting Grant, considered one of the most prestigious research awards from the European Community. The grant is awarded on a highly competitive basis to the best European scientists and researchers with no more than 10-year experience after obtaining their PhD, with the specific aim of supporting “pioneering frontier research in any field of science, engineering and scholarship”.
- July 2004 - January 2011: Recipient (7 times) of the J. Tinsley Oden Faculty Fellowship, awarded by the Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences (ICES) of the University of Texas at Austin to support research visits of outstanding researchers and scholars.
A list of publications can be found here