Giorgio Monti is Full Professor at the University La Sapienza of Rome, since the year 2001. He graduated in engineering in 1986 at the same University, obtained the Master of Science at the University of California at Berkeley in 1993, and the Doctorate at the University La Sapienza of Rome in 1994. His scientific activity addresses the topics of modeling and analysis of reinforced concrete structures, of strengthening techniques for structures with innovative materials (FRP), of reliability analysis of structures and infrastructures in seismic zones, of the development of normative document on seismic design of buildings, bridges, etc. In these fields he has produced more than 100 papers, and taken part to scientific exchanges with Institutions in Europe, Australia and the USA. He is an active member since 1998 of the Commission Design of fib (fédération internationale du béton), where he takes part in the groups "Seismic Concrete Designs", "Computer-based Modelling and Design" and "Designs of Structures Reinforced by FRP".
- Monti G., Santini S.  "Reliability-based calibration of partial safety coefficients for FRP", Journal of Composites for Construction, ASCE, Vol. 6, No. 3.
- Monti, G., Nisticò, N.  "Simple probability-based assessment of bridges under scenario earthquakes", Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 7, No. 2.
- Monti G., Nisticò N., Santini S.  "Design of FRP jackets for upgrade of circular bridge piers", Journal of Composites for Construction, ASCE, Vol. 5, No. 2.
- Monti G., Pinto P.E.  "Vulnerability evaluation and strengthening criteria for R.C. bridges", Gruppo Nazionale per la Difesa dai Terremoti. ROMA: GNDT (Italy).
- Monti G., Spacone E.  "Reinforced concrete fiber beam element with bond slip", Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 126, No. 6.