Donald Anderson is Professor Emeritus in the Dept. of Civil Engineering, Univ. of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. He graduated from the Univ. of Alberta with a B.Sc. Civil Engineering, from Univ. of Illinois with a M.S. Civil Engineering, and from Stanford University with a Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics. He worked as a design engineer and research scientist, and has taught at UBC since 1966 in the area of structural mechanics and seismic engineering. His research work has been on the seismic testing of reinforced concrete and masonry, and nonlinear analysis of structures. He is a member of CANCEE, the Canadian committee for seismic design of buildings, and a member of the Canadian Standards Assoc. committee on the design of masonry, and has been a consultant on many seismic retrofit projects. He is the immediate Past President of the Canadian Association for Earthquake Engineering, and was Chairman of the 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering in 2004.
- Mitchell, Denis, Robert Tremblay, Erol Karacabeyli, Patrick Paultre, Murat Saatcioglu, and Donald L. Anderson, “Seismic force modification factors for the proposed 2005 edition of the National Building Code of Canada”, CJCE Volume 30, Number 2, April 2003, Special Issue: Proposed Earthquake Design Requirements of the National Building Code of Canada, 2005 edition, pp 308-327. Winner of the CSCE Gzowski Medal for 2003.
- Anderson, Donald L.  “Effect of foundation rocking on the seismic response of shear walls”, CJCE Volume 30, Number 2, April 2003, Special Issue: Proposed Earthquake Design Requirements of the National Building Code of Canada, 2005 edition, pp. 360-365.
- Saatcioglu, Murat, Denis Mitchell, Rene Tinawi, N. John Gardiner, Anthony G. Gillies, Ahmed Ghobarah, David Lau, and DonalD L. Anderson  “The August 17th 1999, Kocaeli (Turkey) Earthquake – Damage to Structures”, CSCE Journal, Vol. 28, No. 4, 2001. Winner of the CSCE Gzowski Medal for 2001.
- Gillies, A.G., D. Mitchell, R. Tinawi, M. Saatcioglu, N.J. Gardiner, A. Ghobarah, and D.L. Anderson  “The August 17th 1999 Kocaeli (Turkey) earthquake – lifelines and preparedness”, CSCE Journal, Vol. 28, No. 4, 2001.
- Ohkubo, Masamichi, Tadao Matsuoka, Tomokazu Yoshioka, and Donald L. Anderson  “Shear Transfer Mechanism of Reinforced Concrete Beams with a Slot at the Beam-end”, Proc. Annual Meeting of Japan Concrete Institute, Vol. 21, No. 3, July 1997, pp. 523-528.