Fundamentals of mechanics of materials: Constitutive phenomenological models; elasticity, viscosity, plasticity, viscoplasticity, internal variables; fracture and damage mechanics. Micromechanical models; brittle materials, granular and porous materials. Structural and geological materials. Constitutive models for structural materials under constant and variable loading: steel, concrete and masonry. Material testing and identification techniques. Materials for seismic isolation and energy dissipation systems. Constitutive models for soils and rocks. Material mechanics and seismic source mechanics: crack models, frictional and asperity effects, dynamic crack propagation.
Material Mechanics in Earthquake Engineering
- IUSS Pavia
- EE - Earthquake Engineering
- Fall 2003
- LUIGI GAMBAROTTA
- Date (from - to):
- 17/11/2003 – 19/12/2003
- Bazant Z. and Cedolin L. (1991) Stability of structures, Oxford University Press.
- Lubliner J. (1990) Plasticity theory, Macmillan Publishing Co.
- Broek D. (1991) Elementary engineering fracture mechanics, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Krajcinovic D. (1996) Damage mechanics, North Holland.