Fundamentals of Solid Mechanics
- IUSS Pavia
- ES - Engineering Seismology
- Spring 2010
- KRZYSZTOF WILMANSKI
- Date (from - to):
- 19/04/2010 – 14/05/2010
-  R. M. Christensen; Theory of Viscoelasticity. An IntroductionTheory of Viscoelasticity. An Introduction, Academic Press, N. Y. 1971.
-  J. C. Jaeger, N. G. W. Cook, R. W. Zimmerman; Fundamentals of Rock Mechanics, Blackwell, 2007.
-  J. Lemaitre, J.-L. Chaboche; Mechanics of Solid Materials, Cambridge University Press, 1990.
-  J. R. Rice; The Mechanics of Earthquake Rupture, in: Physics of the Earthâ€™s Interior, A. M. Dziewonski, E. Boschi (eds.), North Holland, 1980.
-  H. F. Wang; Theory of Linear Poroelasticity with Applications to Geomechanics and Hydrogeology, Princeton University Press, 2000.
-  K. Wilmanski; Thermomechanics of Continua, Springer, Berlin, 1998.
-  K. Wilmanski; Continuum Thermodynamics. Part I: Foundations, World Scientific, 2008.
The course in the form of a booklet of some 150 pages will be provided before the beginning of the first lecture. The accompanying exercises and home works will be also available to the participants before the beginning of the course. The supervision of lectures will be provided by prof. dr Krzysztof Wilmanski and the classroom exercises and their supervision will be provided by dr. Bettina Albers (Technical University, Berlin).