Probabilistic modelling of uncertainties/randomness of mechanical properties. Computation of random capacities with reference to specified structural performances. Definition of seismic hazard for reliability analysis: use of synthetic or of recorded accelerograms. Basic formulation of the reliability problem: difference between time‐invariant and time‐variant cases. Probability computations: I) methods based on equivalent SDOF models and non‐linear static incremental analysis, II) random vibration approaches with stochastic linearization, III) simulation methods based on non‐linear dynamic MDOF analysis: directional simulation and importance sampling; response surface techniques, mixed methods; economical simulation techniques directly folded into hazard analysis. Recent developments in reliability based seismic design codes.
Seismic Reliability Analysis of Structures
- IUSS Pavia
- EE - Earthquake Engineering
- Spring 2011
- PAOLO EMILIO PINTO, PAOLO FRANCHIN
- Date (from - to):
- 04/04/2011 – 06/05/2011
- Clough R. W. and Penzien J. (1993): Dynamic of structures, Parts IV and V. Mc Graw-Hill International Editions.
- Yao H.-J and Wen Y.-K (1996): Response surface method for time-variant reliability analysis, Journal of Structural Eng. Vol. 122 N.1, February (and references thereof).
- Bazzurro P. and Cornell C. A. (1994): Seismic hazard analysis of non-linear structures, Journal of Structural Eng. Vol. 120 N.11, November