Introduction to Seismic Hazard Assessment. Review of Probability, probability density functions, epistemic vs. aleatory uncertainty, seismicity, distribution and recurrence, magnitude and intensity. Deterministic vs. probabilistic hazard analysis. Hazard Computer Program, source characterization, site characterization. Deaggregation of Hazard, epistemic uncertainty in hazard, deaggregation of seismic risk. Design spectra, equal hazard spectra, directivity effects, basin effects. Design time histories, scaling vs. spectrum compatible, spectral matching program, multiple support time histories. Numerical simulation methods for time histories, review of existing models, strength and weaknesses. Expanded use of probabilistic analyses, loss estimation, Newmark displacement hazard, probabilistic liquefaction triggering analysis.
Seismic Hazard Assessment
- IUSS Pavia
- EE - Earthquake Engineering
- Fall 2011
- DARIO SLEJKO
- Date (from - to):
- 26/09/2011 – 21/10/2011
- Bolt, B. A. (1999) Earthquakes, 4th Edition, W.H. Freeman & Co.
- Kramer, S. L. (1996) Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering. Prentice‐Hall.
- Reiter, S. L. (1990) Earthquake Hazard Analysis: Issues and Insights. Columbia University Press.
- Any basic reference on Statistics, Probability, Wave Mechanics and Fourier Transform.